Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!

Little did I know that the little bit of snow that I saw outside of my office window yesterday was just the beginning. I left work shortly thereafter and it took Chad and I about 2.5 hours to drive to my mom's house (a drive which would usually take 15 minutes at the most).


These are some palm trees that we saw along the route while we were at a stand still. Just ironic to me. It kept snowing the whole drive and actually sticking to the streets. The closer we got to my mom's house, the more snow we encountered. After the long drive and horrible traffic, we decided we weren't ready to turn around and make the even longer trek back home. The snow didn't let up so we stayed overnight at my mom's. In the morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. They got about 10 inches of snow!! Turns out all of the schools were cancelled today. We don't have much in the way of equipment (snow plows, salt trucks etc.) to deal with the snow, so it doesn't take too much to shut things down. It is the first time school has been cancelled in 30 years!!




We took Parker outside so he could experience snow for the first time. Let's just say he wasn't too fond of it!







(Please excuse the quality of the pictures and video - I wasn't prepared with a camera for such a large snow storm...I only had my cell phone!)

1 comment:

Highmaintenancemom said...

I heard about the snow you guys got on the news....that's insane!