Wednesday, July 2, 2008

8 Months!

Parker is 8 months old and getting bigger all the time! It's so unbelievable to see how much he changes each day!

Parker is a baby in motion!! He reaches and grabs for absolutely everything! He has moved from rolling to where he wants to go to army crawling. He hasn't yet mastered the traditional crawl. He has sort of a swimming motion with his arms and pushes with his legs and he can get to whatever he is interested in. He particularly likes the computer cords, but will really go for anything that he isn't supposed to have. The other day he was playing in his jumper which we hang in the doorway to our downstairs bathroom (really the only doorway downstairs). Well, I turned my back for a minute and he swung over to the toilet paper and and continued to pull it off the roll and stuff it in his mouth. I successfully rescused some of it, but when I tried to get the last piece out of his mouth he promptly swallowed it. Oh well! Due to his mobility he has gotten quite a few bumps and bruises, wacking himself with toys, crawling into walls, falling on the tile, and he hit his face on the pew in front of us at church.


He really looks to me to find out how he should respond in certain situations. If new people come up to him to talk and smile he will often look to me to see if he should be smiling back at them. If someone else is laughing, he looks at me to see if I am laughing and if he should be laughing as well. When he falls over or hurts himself and I give him a big smile and tell him he's ok, he usually smiles back and we can avoid the dramatic crying. A few times he has pulled my hair so hard that I sort of yelp in pain and he gets this terribly sad face, knowing that he did something wrong.

Parker went swinging on the baby swing at the park for the first time and he totally loved it!! He thought it was just absolutely hilarious. I am sure we are going to have a little dare devil on our hands and we'll really be in trouble when he can walk.


Parker is turning into more of a thumb-sucker all the time. He used to just suck it when getting ready for sleep, but lately he has been doing it more and more often. He has worn a callus on his thumb. For better or for worse...it is what it is.

My favorite time of day with Parker is when I go into his room in the morning after I hear him making noise. We have lowered his crib and he can now pull himself up a little bit when he's on his stomach to peer over the bumper. Each morning he pulls himself up and greets me with the biggest smile in the world. It melts my heart!

Parker has a walker at my mom's house and that is one of his favorite things. Apparently he takes after me in this regard. I hear that I zoomed around our house like crazy in my walker when I was a baby. He has gotten really good and a lot stronger so he pushes it all around. Their house is mostly tiled so he chases my mom around. She hides and he races to find her, laughing every time.

Look how big my little boy looks here! I can't believe it!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!!! He looks like such a little boy...not a baby anymore. What a cutie!

Molly said...

He's darling!!

albahall said...

Hi Kellie,
He is so cute. I can not believe it how fast he has grown up. I'm sure you are thrilled. U are an amazing mother.
Love
Alba

Courtney and Jason said...

Oh my gosh Kellie - Parker is getting so big! I still remember holding him in the hospital and now he is such a big boy. We have to get together soon. I promise to call soon - Miss ya!

Lori said...

So fun . . . I love the picture of him sucking his thumb with his finger pointing up. Parker really is the cutest of all cute boy babies out there!

Highmaintenancemom said...

I can't believe how big he got from his 7 month to his 8 month picture!!