Sunday, April 13, 2008

For better or for worse.....for better

Well, I went and did it! I quit my current job because I got a better job offer (financially, at least). My last day of work was Friday and I start my new job on Tuesday. It should be fairly similar as far as what I will be doing and the set-up of the company. I am looking forward to it and think that it will be a good job, but change is never very easy for me. I really enjoyed working for Newport Audiology and I am very grateful for everything that job did for me and our family. I am grateful that they offered me a job when we decided to move out to Las Vegas so that we could get a start and buy a home. I'm grateful that they were flexible and let me work part-time after Parker was born so that I could spend more time with him yet still provide some income for our family. I'm grateful that I could get my foot in the door of the hearing-aid-world and learn SO much about hearing aids. I am also grateful that I could meet one of my great friends, Courtney. Maybe one of the reasons it took so long to get my hearing aid license here in Nevada was so that we could spend some time together and build a strong friendship. She is perpetually grateful and positive ... a few qualities I can always stand to learn more of and practice. All things happen for a reason :)
Now I'm moving on to another opportunity. I'll face Tuesday with a little trepidation as it's never fun to be the new kid on the block. Nevertheless, I know that this opportunity is a blessing for us at this time and I get to keep my schedule of working three days a week.

5 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

Good luck with the new job!!

Lori said...

Kellie! You'll be great at the new job! Good luck with everything and just smile - that makes things easier.

:-)

Courtney and Jason said...

Kellie - It's the big day! Let me know how it goes! Thanks for your sweet note on your blog. I love that we are such good friends. I'm so glad we will always be friends no matter where life takes us!
Enjoy today and call me to tell me about it!

Molly said...

Congrats, Kellie!! I hate change, too...don't worry...you're not alone!

Jen said...

Good luck! I'm glad that things are working out, and that you'll still be able to spend plenty o' time with that darling baby of yours.