Friday, July 31, 2009

Durdee Furn Update

Dear Dad,
I know that this is about as insignificant as possible in light of the events of the past two days, but I also know that you'd be really excited to hear about our recent sales.
The man did buy the tiger picture. It was right where you said it would be on the couch rack. It'll continue to amaze me what people buy!
Someone came today and bought the black leather couch set you bought and the king bed from the Salas's house. Quite a sales day....and we really weren't trying! I knew you'd be excited to hear we sold the couch set since you told me to make sure we sold it while you were gone.
The lady also got the tan couch where you sewed the arm today, just as you had scheduled.
Chad had to put more gas in the truck. It really does suck it down.
I love you and miss you so much already. We all do. Hopefully we can celebrate your life in a way that does it justice over the next few days. We'll try our best to take care of mom.
Love,
Kellie

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Kellie,
You will probably not know me but we knew your parents while they were here in FL. We loved them and love them still. I had just reconnected with your mom about a month ago when I emailed her to tell her of our oldest son's mission call. She gave me the links to 'the girls' blogs and I have been following them since. You are already celebrating your dad's life by the way you are living your own. I lost my own dad in an auto accident just before my 4th child was born, my little girl. I can't believe it's been (8)years ago. I still miss him. Melanie Smith

Molly said...

Kellie - I have walked the path that you are on. It's not an easy one, but you will come out a different - and stronger - person on the other side of it. Know that we are thinking of you, and if you ever need to talk, yell, cry, or vent...let me know. I am here.