Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby Food!


Several people have asked me about baby food so I thought I'd do a little post following a weekend of making more baby food. As we started adding "solid" food to Parker's diet a couple months ago I had saving money, time, and Parker's health at the forefront of my mind. So...I got a couple of books on baby food from the library, consulted with my mom, and got to work. It has been an easy process...I feel like I've saved time, and I feel like Parker is eating healthy foods.
The books talk about how to prepare different foods, which food combinations often go over the best with baby, and which foods are appropriate to freeze.
Carrots and apples are two of Parker's favorites. I just boil them until they're soft, drain and puree in the food processor. No, I don't make food for Parker everyday. That is the last thing that I'd want to do after coming home from work. When I do make food, I make big batches of everything and then I put the food in ice cube trays. Once the food is frozen I pop the ice cubes out and keep them all together in a bag in the freezer. When it comes to meal time I pop out however many I need, heat them up, and I'm good to go. We have done this with a lot of different fruits and vegetables and it works great.
Now I'm trying to leave foods a little bit chunkier to help Parker get used to some new textures and eventually transition him to eating what we are eating. It's always fun to watch his reactions to new things and I look forward to Parker tasting new foods soon!

2 comments:

Molly said...

You are the best!! :D Thanks!!

The Moffitt's said...

cute layout!! i love that the "progression pictures" with the bear are all together now.

Hey, I don't have your email to invite you to my blog. I'm not sure if you already have access as a blogger. Send me your email at wormfrog@hotmail.com so I can add you, otherwise I'm not sure how. That way you don't have to post your email on a comment. thanks!