Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dr. Davidson

Today was my first day to introduce myself as Dr. Davidson to one of my patients. It is something that I will have to get more accustomed to doing. My last job with Newport Audiology was my first job out of school. The company preferred that those of us that have our Au.D.'s not refer to ourselves as doctors because they felt like the geriatric population that we work with would mistake us for physicians. So, for a few years I have just been Kellie, the audiologist. Well, now it's time for a change! A new job, a new title! I think it can bring a whole new level of trust and respect from the patients that I see. Right now it's just feeling a little bit odd though. I guess it's time to let all of those years of education and all of those years of tuition (yet to be paid) shine. Introducing Dr. Davidson!

1 comment:

Courtney and Jason said...

Well Dr. Davidson - I'd say you earned the right to call yourself that! That is pretty cool. I think I will start calling you "doc". :)
Love, Court